Saturday, January 17, 2009

Greetings From Maputo

This is my second trip to Maputo in two months. Last year between 6th and 13 December I had the privilege to attend the All Africa Conference of Churches AACC 9th Assembly here. The Institute for Theological Reflection Today ITRT based in Zimbabwe which I am director of had an exhibition stand through out the Assembly. It was our first time to showcase our institute at such a big gathering.

This week I am back in Maputo attending a board meeting of Southern Africa Federation of Disabled (SAFOD) persons. SAFOD represents Disabled Peoples' Organizations DPOs in twelve countries in Southern Africa. I was invited two years ago to sit on their Technical Adivisory Board TAB on Research (SRP). We are looking at various research proposals and some research work in progress. It is quite a challenge to be part of such an important organization that looks after the interest of people living with disabilities. I am learning a lot and hopefully contributing something in my small way. We will be launching findings on the "Living Conditions of People Living with Disability in Mozambique" over the weekend.

No comments: